Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chickadee Rescue

Chickadee's are one of my favorite birds and I had the chance to rescue one today. When I got home from taking the dogs for a walk (in the misty rain) this little bird was lying on the back porch where it had apparently flew into the window. Lola was sniffing at it and would probably tried to play with it but I was able to get to it before she did. So I held it in my hand and had to get the dogs harnesses off with the other. Then I went to sit in one of lawn chairs to see if it would come back to consciousness. And low and behold I had my camera in my pocket so I was able to take a few shots of the bird and me. It only took about five minutes for it to come back to consciousness and to fly to the roof. It was so tiny. Much smaller than they look just on a branch or the feeder. What fun!
I think I may have figured out how to get pictures off the new camera. If so, I will be posting more. Well my soup will be done soon and my granola is coming out of the oven. Ta ta for now.

No comments: