Friday, January 22, 2010

Bunnies, twigs and borders

My friend Carla has 3 Holland lop bunnies and they love apple tree trimmings. So yesterday I went to a friends house who was having her apple trees trimmed and I got a couple of arm loads full of trimmings to take to her for her bunnies. She was very appreciative. Then today I took the kids for a walk and there was a guy trimming more apple trees and so I picked up some more apple trimmings for her. As I was looking at the trimmings I thought they would make a great border for my lasagna garden in the front that the kids won't stay out of. So I picked some up for me too and came home and put a border around my garden. It looks pretty good as you can see. I don't know how well it will keep the kids out but it was fun and it looks cool.
It was so nice out today. Very cold this morning but warmed up this afternoon and the sun came out for a while.
The eagles were back again today. I can always tell because of their call. Very distinctive.
I checked on my garlic today and there are 3 elephant garlic and 16 regular garlic up. Very exciting. Its the first year that I have grown it.
So, ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the border!!!!! Right up my natural garden path!