Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Raking leaves......

I was able to work outside today and what a cold pleasure it was. The cold crisp wind. I had taken the dogs for an almost 2 mile walk when the sun was shining and went to Vassey's Nursery to look at what they had. They have some large hydrangea on for 1/2 price. But I promised Mark no more plants. He came home last night with a bag of leaves for my compost pile. What a guy. He really knows how to make me smile.
As I go around looking at the different beds, I am so excited about all the things that are or will be coming up. I think I saw garlic starting to come up in the garlic beds and I know that some of the other bulbs that I planted have started to come up. I got the plants that I bought on Saturday heeled into the nursery bed on Monday morning before it started to rain. All except the hardy fuchsia, which I planted in the lasagna bed in the front. There are so many beds I would like to put in and get going but I know that I have to take it slow.
I also want to do another worm composting bin. Am I getting too many things going? That's usually what I do. Well, that's all for now. Ta ta.

No comments: