Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plant Exchange, Juncos, Garden Room



So the plant exchange was so fun. It was so cold and cloudy but it didn't rain. Eight gardening friends came and we tour the gardens,
laughed a lot, did some exchanging and ate some goodies and drank hot tea and coffee.  I just love my gardening friends and I want to say thanks for coming out on a gloomy day. When gardening friends get together its always a good time.  We teased Carla who couldn't be here by texting her that we were really glad that it was a progressive exchange and we loved going to her house and taking what we wanted from her flower beds. She was out on the sound fishing with her boyfriend. What would life be like if we couldn't have fun with one another.


 Here is a picture of 7 of the ladies who came. I didn't get a picture of Rita. She came a little later. From the left there was Leanne, Denise G, Candi, (hiding behind Denise) Gloria, Janet, Denise B,
and Yvonne. Not pictured it Rita. Thank you ladies for making this a special day.






I was blessed with some wicker furniture from my friend Janet and was able to get it done by the special day. Here it is in the garden room.  She also gave me a beautiful carpet that worked beautifully in the room.  This is my garden room that I can go and sit out in when its really hot because it stays about 65 degrees all the time. I love it and put everything garden themed in here.



We have Juncos nesting on the ground of the half moon garden.So we have to be very careful walking too close to that part of the border.  I am so excited about this border.  I started it about 2 years ago and already it is looking so full. There's so much in it and I keep adding more. It's our living privacy screen from the neighbors.  It's coming along very nicely. More pictures as the season progresses.

The baby chicks are now nicely integrated into the big flock and seem to be doing well.  There are so many things in the garden blooming right now and getting ready to bloom.  I need to get outside and do some gardening.  My grandson Jacob has a track meet this afternoon at 3 and I want to do some stuff.

I am going to try to keep up better with the blogging. I will leave you with something to think about.


If you treat an individual as if she were what she ought to be and could be, she will become what she ought to be and could be.


Just a thought.

Blessings,
Kay









o

No comments: