Monday, March 21, 2011

Louise, Thelma, Mega Moon and Birthday Wishes

Happy Spring! I'm so glad it's here even if in name only. Actually it was a great day on Saturday and yesterday was ok. I went looking for a refrigerator box on Saturday to put the chicks in and found out that there is only one manufacturer that boxes their fridges up any more. All the other ones shrink wrap them. Who knew? The chicks are quickly becoming teenagers. But they are still fun to watch. Still in need of a coop. My brother is going to help us with that.

This is Louise. I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be Lewis. She is bigger than the other chicks except for Wilma who would then be Wilmer. If they turn out to be roosters my friend Janet says they can come and live at her house. Thank you Janet.
I really hope that won't be the case because I have become quite attached to them all.






These next two pictures are of Thelma. She likes the camera and she was standing on my hand in this picture. I try to put my hand in the tote a couple times a day with food in my hand so they will get used to it. The smaller ones do better with getting on my hand.



Did anyone else get to see the mega moon when it was out? Our skies were overcast but we saw it in the evening and again the next morning.


A couple of weeks ago I turned fifty-five. We went out to dinner with some friends on Saturday night and my friend Shannon who I have known for thirty years gave me this card. Only someone who knows you very well could get away with this. It just cracked me up. It's great to have a sense of humour.


I hope you will all forgive me for sharing but I just had too. I hope everyone is enjoying spring and getting able to do all the Spring things your heart desires. Have a great week and tata for now.

4 comments:

Tinell said...

Thanks for sharing your birthday card...I laughed out loud. Sure glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your special day. Happy {SPRING} to you !!

TexWisGirl said...

I have two Catahoula hounds (sisters that we rescued off the back road) named Thelma & Louise - 2 girls on the road with their share of problems, hence the names... They're plenty spunky too!

Jennifer said...

Love the updated pics of the chicks!

jerilanders said...

Those baby chicks grow up too fast. And you won't know till the very last minute who's a her and who's a he! As soon as they start fighting, then you will know!