Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall

I'm just going to show you all some random shots from around the yard and some other things that have been keeping me busy. I love fall and the colors and fragrances.


Here's a scabiosa with a bumblebee.




This lavender pansy has beautiful veining.





Red zinnia from the half-moon garden.




Profusion Berry from the half-moon garden.




Old birdhouse in the half-moon garden. I'm planning on more attractions for this garden.




Fuchsia in the lasagna garden in the front.




Fuchsia




Fuchsia




A gardener's helper.




This is my one decoration outside on the front porch. In the six years we have been here in this house we have never had any trick or treaters.




This saying is over our breakfast nook in the kitchen and I just love it. It's our motto. We love to have people over and it really fits our life style. The leaves really make it festive for fall.




This is from left to right: Green Tomato Relish, Jalapeno Jelly and Red Hot Jelly. Since I wasn't getting a lot of red tomatoes my Dad challenged me to make the relish and I did and got twenty jars. I also made three batches of the jalapeno jelly and two of the red hot pepper jelly. The jelly's are wonderful over cream cheese and spread on crackers. And they will make wonderful Christmas presents.




I've been to a lot of garage and yard sales this year and here are just a few of the things that I bought. The child's wardrobe for $10.00, two garden pillows for $1.00
and a picnic basket for $3.00.




I keep saying that I am going to get better about posting and I am really going to try to. Sometimes I just have blogger's block and don't know what to blog about. Well, Mark and I are running out the door. Ta to for now!

3 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hi dear,

And I always look forward to YOUR posts. I especially love the photo of "the gardener's helper."

All joys, now back to packing,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Kay's flowers said...

Dear Sharon,
So good to hear from you! I am so blessed to have made so many blogging friends. Don't work too hard and have fun on your stops along the way home.
Blessings,
Kay

Jennifer said...

Mom, The child's dresser is cute! Can't wait to see how you use it! The purple berry's are fantastic and colorful, I wonder if I can get one? Love, Jennifer