Thursday, January 13, 2011

Silver Reef, Utah

This post was not supposed to post without some explanation of the pictures. So sorry about that. I don't know if I can do this or not but we'll see.


This was sunrise on Tuesday morning after I arrived at my sister's place where she was house sitting and animal sitting. The view was amazing.






This was the view out their kitchen window.




More sunrise.




Brenda is a rock hound and fossil collector. There are little stars in the rock which are cross sections of a sea fern or some kind of sea plant. Really cool. I hope you can see them.




More fossils.




This is the front of the house where we stayed.




This is River their dog. She was stand-offish at first but by the time I left on Thursday morning we were old friends.




Can you find the face in the cliff?




I made some new friends Larry and Anita. This quilt hangs in their living room. It's
like a stained glass window.




This photo of Taco is out of order. He belongs to the Peter and Ronda where we were staying. He was so fascinating. He loved to scream and have you scream back and imitate him. He was a lot of fun.




This was the view from Larry and Anita's dining room window. How would you ever want to leave?




Stained glass window in their guest bathroom.




This was their overhead hanging light in the entryway. It was four or five feet across. Stunning.




This is my sister Brenda pointing out their name on the direction board at the beginning of their neighborhood.




This was Ricky and Lucy. Aren't they sweet?




Another picture of Brenda on a hike around the reef in front of an old rock cabin.




Sunset on the last night I was there.




These are just a few of the pictures I was able to get on here. I may post more later. I had such a great time with my sister and meeting new friends. I hope I will get to go there again sometime. Anita if you read this consider yourself hugged.

Tata for now!

7 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Heavens, those fossils are GORGEOUS! Love the shots of the landscape too Kay dear.

I included the recipe after your comment. Thanks for reminding me. I did forget to say you drop the bag of spices and orange peel in simmering water.

Love to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Verde Farm said...

What a gorgeous place. Looks like so much fun. That is a real quilt and not glass? I’ve never seen anything like that. Lucy and Ricky are just adorable. Taco is beautiful too. What a visually pleasing post :) So pretty.

matty said...

How absolutely gorgeous! I have never seen the desert, but I can say now that I have REALLY seen it! Very lovely!

Jennifer said...

Brenda is lovely as ever!! It looks like you both had a very good time! You took so many good pictures! Thanks for the inspiration! Love You!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

just lovely...love those views...and i LOVE ricky and lucy....so cute...

thanks for sharing this with us....

kary and teddy
xxx

jerilanders said...

It has been a long time since I was out West, ( I grew up in Colorado) Seeing the desert again, which has a special kind of beauty, was really nice.

TexWisGirl said...

Beautiful territory. Lucky sis gets to stay there and house and animal sit!? Neat!