Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I've been up to



This is my lasagna garden. It's in the front of the house and is more of a shade garden than sun garden. I have a ton of primroses, hostas, hardy fuchsias, hydrangeas, coral beds, bleeding hearts and others plants as well. In the center is a climbing dicentra going up a small trellis. Can't wait to see what that will look like. Found a new nursery that specializes in unusual plants and that's where that came from.




Here is the climbing dicentra.




Here is lettuce, sweet peas and a row of herbs. Strawberries in the back too. This is just part of our vegetable garden.




This is our new "Half Moon" garden. It is in the back yard between us and our next door neighbors. Mark worked very hard on this bed tilling it for a long time to try to get as much grass out as he could. It's really starting to look a lot different than it does in the picture now. There are a lot more plants in it and it's partly mulched now so it looks better. More pictures as it starts to fill in and look nicer.




"Sunshine" blueberry blossoms.




My friend Linda brought me a half a truck load of plants and these were it. You really can't see what all there is or how many plants there were but there was a lot.
I have spent many days getting them all planted.





Here I am working in the lasagna bed.




This was the old triangle bed that was full of grass and needed to be cleaned out. That was another thing that I have been working on for the past ten days.




Here is that same triangle bed all cleaned out and replanted. I put ten peony's that I got from Costco, three white snapdragons, three dianthus, a pineapple sage and six armeria. And a really pretty blue clemitis. There are also three stepping stones that my three oldest grandchildren made for me about 12 years ago.

It's been about 10 or 11 days since I have put any pictures on here so I hope this helps everyone to know what I have been up to. I am so enjoying the greenhouse. We all enjoy going out and just sitting in there and experiencing the warmth when its cold out. There is still a lot to learn but I have time for that.

I did this post last night and have edited everything this morning and hope to get this published now. It's raining again this morning so it either stay in or go play in the greenhouse. But first I need to drink my coffee and talk to Sarah for awhile.
So ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Busy busy girl!! Your lasagna bed looks fab as well as the half moon bed. Weeding and cleaning out beds is so rewarding! Keep up your hard work!